Everything you need to know on how we manage and use your data at EOCON Conference
What type of information we have
How we get the information and why we have it
We may also have information that has been collected indirectly, if:
- Your employer is a client, supplier or partner that we work with and they have provided it.
- Your personal information is publicly available from third party data providers or sources (for example, social networks, company websites, or professional databases).
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), our lawful bases for processing your information are:
- Contract. If you are a client, partner or supplier of 383 we have a contractual obligation to collect, store and process your personal information.
- Consent. You may have given us clear and explicit consent to collect, store and process your personal information by, for example, subscribing to email updates, registering for an event, or downloading a piece of content from our website. If you no longer want to receive communications from us, you can unsubscribe at any time, either by using the unsubscribe link in our emails or getting in touch by email, phone or in writing. If you no longer want us to process your information, you can contact us to request that we remove your personal data from our systems by email, phone or in writing.
- Legitimate interest. We may collect, store and process your personal information if we think that our services or content might be of interest to you because you work in a similar industry or role to our clients. If you don’t want to receive communications from us, you can unsubscribe at any time, either by using the unsubscribe link in our emails or getting in touch by email, phone or in writing. If you don’t want us to process your information, you can contact us to request that we remove your personal data from our systems by email, phone or in writing.
What we do with the information
We process personal information in order to:
- Fulfill our contractual obligations to clients, customers, partners and suppliers.
- Provide relevant information about services we think you or your employer may be interested in.
- Provide relevant information about content, events or offers we think you or your employer may be interested in.
- Tailor our website and marketing activity to provide better services.
- Process a job application.
- Process and respond to enquiries.
The information we hold is shared between our group companies, EOCON. We do not share any information with other individuals, businesses or third parties, unless:
- You have given us explicit and clear consent to do so, for example, if you register for one of our events and opt in to hear from our sponsors and partners.
- We are legally obliged to share information to comply with applicable law or valid legal process, or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
How we store your information
We operate secure data networks protected by industry-standard firewall and password protection systems. Only authorised individuals have access to the information provided by our customers. Our use of data is fully compliant with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We use third-party data processors to securely store any personal information we collect. These third parties do not have direct access to your personal information and cannot share it with any other parties. Your information may be transferred to and stored at a destination outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). All our partner platforms are fully compliant with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We will retain personal information for the following periods, according to the lawful bases for processing:
- Contract. We will retain information for the period of the contract, and for 12 months following the end of the contract.
- Consent. We will retain information until you withdraw consent.
- Legitimate interest. We will retain information for as long as you engage with our website, content or emails, and for a 12 month period from the date of your last engagement with EOCON.
Information will be disposed of by erasing the records from our systems. It may exist in backup systems for up to 90 days before being removed completely, but it will not be accessed or processed.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access. You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification. You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure. You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing. You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing. You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability. You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one calendar month to respond to you. Please contact us via email, phone or in writing at the contact details listed above if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your personal information.